We’re back with some good vibes for this week’s tutorial. I’ve really been loving the look of sequin trims and how easy they are to work with. If you haven’t seen, we just launched a collection of Sequin Sun Hats on the online store! The sequin trims make it so easy to customise different statements to embellish the hats with, which inspired us to create a Personalised Sequin Cushion for the home too. Besides, you may even give an existing cushion cover a new look with this tutorial!
- Cushion Cover (We love these – 1, 2, or spruce up an old cover!)
- UHU Glue
- Sequin Trim
- Sewing Pins (not pictured)
- Free printable template
Personalised Sequin Cushion Instructions:
Follow these steps on how to transfer designs onto fabric using carbon paper:
- Use either blue carbon paper on darker fabrics or black carbon paper on lighter fabrics.
- Lay the fabric right side up and lay the carbon paper over with the waxy ink side facing down towards the fabric.
- Place the printed design above the carbon paper.
- Trace over the design using a stylus, pressing hard to ensure the design transfers onto the fabric.
The sequin trim really makes this project easier to work with, though I’d encourage you to sew certain points of the trim to secure it. You may wash this in a laundry bag on a gentle cycle, or preferably hand wash it if you can!
Here’s the completed piece! I love the holographic effect on the sequins that really shines through in the light!
This Personalised Sequin Cushion is a great addition to the couch and a good way to customise a gift for anyone. We think it’ll make a pretty good housewarming gift or even for newlyweds with a “Mr” & “Mrs” text! What would you put on yours?
*Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Do support our small crafting team!