It has been a while! This time we’re back with a super simple industrial-chic-ish stationery holder for your desk. Custom your tabletop accessory with your desired number of compartments!
Here are the materials you’ll need:-
- Acrylic Block 15cm x 7cm x 1cm thick
- Copper Fittings (Socket joints)
- Copper Tubes (the ones pictured are 20mm and 15mm)
- Pipe Cutter
- Steelwool (Optional)
1. Using the pipe cutter, cut the 15mm and 20mm pipes to your desired length. I staggered the length of the pipes between 2-7cm to create a more interesting combination.
2. Using steel wool, brush and polish the tubes and copper fittings to reveal a nice rose gold colour. Skip this step if you like the rustic uneven copper finishing. You might also want to use the sandpaper to smoothen out the edges of the copper tubes. It might be uneven and sharp after cutting!
3. Here’s the fun part. Play with the various joints and tubes and arrange it around until you’re satisfied with the placement.
4. Lightly line the bottom inner edge with superglue and place back in position on the acrylic block, allowing the glue to flow down and secure the joint in place. Repeat to all the joints and tubes and leave to dry.
Ta-da! Now wasn’t that easy? How do you like the industrial/raw trend and would you make this? It could totally work in silver as well!