DIY Tutorial: Chandelier Bracelet – Operation Overhaul
Tutorials

DIY Tutorial: Chandelier Bracelet

February 2, 2013

operationoverhaul - chandelier bracelet

As promised, here’s a new tutorial! We seem to doing a lot of bracelet tutorials as of late, but this one is so simple and literally took me less than 5 minutes to do I couldn’t not do a post on it!

chandelier

Inspired by the many beautiful chandeliers I saw in Europe, I had a few of these crystal-ish looking clear beads lying around and decided to make a bracelet. This particular photo was taken in the Hall of Mirrors; in the Palace of Versailles, Paris.

operationoverhaul - materials

Here are the materials you’ll need:-

• Plastic clear beads (or any other beads you’ll prefer)
  • Elastic jewelry cord
  • Crimp beads
  • Scissors
  • Jewelry pliers (not pictured)

operationoverhaul - 1

Step 1. Cut a piece of the elastic jewelry cord slightly longer than the circumference of your wrist. I also arranged the beads in a row according to how i wanted to string them to make things easier.

operationoverhaul - 2Step 2. Start stringing the beads onto the cord.

operationoverhaul - 3

Step 3. Check that the beaded area goes all the way around your wrist, then tie a double knot to secure the bracelet. Do not pull or stretch the cord too much.

operationoverhaul - 4

Step 4. Finish off the bracelet and secure the knot with a crimp bead. Use the pliers to flatten the bead and cut off the excess cord.

operationoverhaul - chandelier bracelet final

And you’re done!!! :)

operationoverhaul - crystal bracelet

Wear it and feel like a chandelier million bucks! :)

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

• Reply simin February 2, 2013 at 2:10 am

May I know where do you buy the beads from? :)

• mm
      Reply Juu Y. February 2, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Hi Simin! You might be able to find them at any beading shop. We got ours from Chinatown and a few of the bigger pieces from (weirdly…) scrapbooking stores like Made With Love. Hope this helps!

• Reply Erin @ Thanks, I Made It February 2, 2013 at 7:47 am

So cool! It’s got such a glamorous feel.

• mm
      Reply Juu Y. February 2, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Thanks Erin! We’re both followers of your blog as well, great to see you here :)

• Reply Jeni February 22, 2013 at 2:29 pm

I really love the way this bracelet looks and I think it would be prefect for a costume that I want to make that’s an ice themed fairy. I can’t really find any beads like these though. Where did you get yours or do you have any idea where I could get something like them.

• mm
      Reply Juu Y. February 22, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Hi Jeni! As I’ve replied to a previous comment, I got them the smaller ones from a bead shop in Chinatown and the larger pieces from a scrapbooking store. Do send us an e-mail at hello@operationoverhaul.com if you really need/want them! We might have some extra pieces on our side :)

• Reply My Favorite DIY Bracelet Tutorials from Operation… | DIY Glory August 15, 2013 at 10:23 pm

[…] Chandelier Bead Bracelet Tutorial. […]

• Reply zen September 28, 2014 at 6:36 am

Super glam! Can totally see it stacked up with some of my.other bracelets :) just wondering if you’ve ever had problems with the crimp cutting the elastic cord and the bracelet breaking as a result? Happened 2 me once so I usually knot instead these days :) maybe i should give crimping another shot :)