This has been lurking in my sketchbook for awhile now, glad that I finally got around to buying all the chains to do it. Though during which, I have also bought a whole lot more chains than I needed. After wearing it out for a couple of days, I’ve decided that I shall go on a hunt for chunky charms to add to this. Till then, I’ll share this basic tutorial first :>
- A variety of chains in gold (or any other colour you prefer)
- Leather Ribbon
- Jump Rings
- Needle & Thread
1. Loop leather ribbon through one end of the chain. My chain was approximately 25cm long.
2. Sew leather ribbon together to make a secured loop.
3. Repeat on opposite end.
4. Attach more chains with jump rings. Vary the length of chains to create a nice gradation.
5. Repeat step four on opposite end.
6. Add as many chains as you want, or you can add charms/pearls/studs to make it unique to your personal style!
Enjoy! xPin It