Been a while since I’ve posted but I’m back! Do you have lots of remaining feathers after trying out our previous Feather and Chain Hairclip Tutorial? Well I do and I’ve come up with another tutorial to make them into something entirely different! Glam up a simple outfit with this Feather and Rope Necklace inspired from an ASOS version!
- Feather charms ($3.80 for 6/ Chinatown)
- Jump rings (not pictured)
- End Clasps
- Black rope ($2 per yard / Brighton Accessories in Chinatown)
- Gold metal rope ends ($1.50 each / Brighton Accessories in Chinatown)
- Lobster Clasp
- Tape (Optional)
1. Measure and cut desired length of rope. Ours measured 30cm. Proceed to cut another piece of the same length. For the third piece, add another 12cm, then cut. You should have 3 pieces that look like this.
2. Leaving 6cm from the edge of the longest rope, loosely braid the three pieces together. You might find it useful to secure the ends together both the 6cm marks.
Enjoy! Feel free to experiment with different colours, feathers and charms! We’ll love it if you shared it as well! xx