Accessorize your outfit with these fun bracelets — We especially love it when they’re stacked. Super easy and quick to complete!
Sure, we love putting together things from scratch, but one big advantage of “being crafty” is giving your old items a new life. That’s almost like getting a new one and saving money at the same time!
- Old belts
- Marker (Not pictured)
- Leather Punch
- Studs & eyelets (Optional)
1. Look through your belts and find the most suitable one. Do take into consideration that since it is now going to end up on your wrist you would definitely want to go for a smaller buckle. We sieved this thin grey belt with infinite holes from Juu’s wardrobe and purchased a 3-pack skinny belt set (Cotton On, SGD$16.95)
2. Handle the end with the buckle and wrap the belt around your wrist to get the circumference. Get creative! — We’re going with a double-wrap.
3. Mark the centre with a small cross. Remember to give it some allowance!
4. Leave about 3cm (or whatever desired length) and snip it off with a pair of scissors. You should now have what looks like a very short belt. Ours measured 16″ but don’t worry if yours is shorter/longer.
5. Using the cross you just drew as a guide, make a hole in the centre of the belt with a leather punch. The buckle will now fit through here instead.
6. You’re done!!! Feel free to embellish or decorate your new belt bracelet with studs or even eyelets!
PS: You’ll notice that the thin grey belt is completed at Step 3! Do look out for pieces that will make your DIY a whole lot easier! Enjoy!
We certainly hope you’ve enjoyed our first tutorial and we’ll love to hear from you! Do leave your comments or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org xx